2/7/12

field trip

thrifted silk polka dot blouse, j.crew gold button cardigan (thank you, jazmine), necklace from my grandmother alice; she bought it 30 or so years ago from a gypsy in paris who claimed it wards off evil. so far, so good.



i made a little business visit to new york today to visit with a pattern grader & source fabrics.

a few signature pieces from aliceanna's s/s '12 collection will be available this spring in sizes 2-12. while i could grade up my size 2 sample patterns myself, it's so much more convenient to hire a grader. what would have taken me weeks to do by hand with paper and pencil, took hours for my pattern grader; i dropped my sample pattern off at 11:30, and it was finished by 5.

while my pattern was being graded, i went on an exhausting search for fabric. a cotton canvas fabric i purchased at g street in rockville, md is no longer in stock, and i needed more of it in bulk. after 30 or so fabric stores, circling the same 4 blocks for hours, i came across a near perfect match. a little fabric dye should match them completely.