7/24/12

reading: the golden age of couture






interior of a nina ricci licensed copy
'v-day' dress by maggie rouff; paris, 1944
american vogue, october 1948
design chart; christian dior, a/w 1955
suit by michael donellan, 1954
coat by cristobal balenciaga; french vogue, 1950
printed textiles by ascher ltd of london
cristobal balenciaga, 1960s
dress by jacques fath; american vogue cover, october 1952
ysl at christian dior's funeral, paris, 1957
chanel (lagerfeld), a/w 2006


these are some of my favorite images from 'the golden age of couture', a book my lovely friend josie gave me as a parting gift when i left maryland. naturally, i left it back in md, but my sweet mother shipped it to me, along with other important forgotten items.
the book documents the growth of parisian & london fashion from 1947-1957, and the awe-inspiring fashion houses (balenciaga, dior, fath) that put couture on the map.

you can buy the book here.